We hope you enjoy accessing and using the digital resources of IFOAM – Organics International, whether you are intending to simply follow our organic movement or would like to get involved.
- Before, or upon collection of personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain additional consent from an individual, or as required by law;
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of our purposes;
- Personal data is relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, current, and complete;
- We will protect personal information through reasonable security safeguards, and also protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
What personal information do we collect from our website visitors?
On our website you may be asked to enter your name, email address, or other details to help you with your experience or to undertake an action (e.g. when making a donation or subscribing).
When do we collect your personal information?
We collect your information when you subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, sign a petition, participate in a fundraising campaign, make a donation, or enter information on our website.
How do we use your personal information?
When you contribute a donation, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other website features, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content which most interests you;
- To improve our website in order to better serve you;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other website feature;
- To quickly process your donation or contribution;
- To send you periodic emails regarding topics that interest you;
- To follow up with you (e.g. email or phone inquiries).
Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive (computer/device) through your web browser, if you consent. This enables the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. The purpose of a cookie is to store a small amount of information regarding a specific visitor and website. We utilize cookies on our server to present specific, relevant information visitors in order to improve the overall user experience and interface.
- Help us remember your donation management journey;
- Understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved content and services for future visits;
- Compile aggregate data about website traffic and website interaction so that we can offer better website experiences and tools in the future;
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
If you disable cookies in your browser:
You can choose to make your computer/device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You may do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is slightly different, look at your browser’s ‘Help Menu’ to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off some features that make your website experience more efficient may not function properly.
What cookies do we use?
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|_GRECAPTCHA||This cookie is set by the Google recaptcha service to identify bots to protect the website against malicious spam attacks.|
|CONSENT||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|IDE||Google DoubleClick IDE cookies are used to store information about how the user uses the website to present them with relevant ads and according to the user profile.|
|test_cookie||The test_cookie is set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.|
|YSC||YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-device-id||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt.innertube::nextId||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|yt.innertube::requests||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
What do we do with third-party links?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties. Outside parties, however, do not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website or our campaigns under the condition that they agree to keep the information confidential and only use it in the context of operating the website and associated campaigns. We may also release information when appropriate in order to comply with the law, enforce our privacy policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Occasionally we may include or offer third-party links, products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We assume no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback.
Which data protection law do we follow?
How does our website handle ‘Do Not Track’ signals?
Do Not Track policy and technology allow visitors to opt out of being tracked by websites. This includes analytics services, advertising networks, and social platforms. ‘Do Not Track’ provides visitors with a single, simple persistent choice to opt out of third-party website and/or web tracking.
We honor ‘Do Not Track’ signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place.
Does our website allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Yes, for optimum evaluation of our website’s activities, we allow third-party behavioral tracking. The sole purpose of this tracking is to allow us to count and monitor clicks on downloads and external links, and also to identify the country within which the click was made. This allows us to better understand our audience and work to improve our user’s website experience.
How can you contact us?
This website is operated by the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements e.V. (referred to as IFOAM – Organics International), which has been granted the non-profit status by the German Tax Authorities, Bonn-Innenstadt.
- Tax No: 205/5783/1496.
- Association Register No: VR 8726, Amtsgericht Bonn, Germany.
- VAT: DE186970545.
- Physical Address: Charles-de-Gaulle-Str. 5, 53113, Bonn, Germany.